Sunday 19 August 2007

New Brads!

My friend Nicki from Cardmaking Friends bought me the most gorgeous brads back from her visit to the USA. She then challenged me to make a card using them... I have to say it wasn't much of a challenge as they are so gorgeous!!!


So this is what I came up with. As you can see the brads are to die for... they are quite large and material, from K and Co. I started by covering the card in some pink Bazzill Bling, layering a cut of white card and edging with my pink Dew Drop. I tied some lovely ric rac from a recent swap on the forum.

I attached the brad to a Making Memories bloom and a small Prima daisy. To finish I added 3 baby pink gems.

13 comments:

Angel said...

Oooh, I have some of these brads and I love them, but have only used them once. Glad to see your project. It's very pretty!

Beth Thomas said...

What a pretty and feminine card! I have those brads, also, and love them! If it wouldn't be too much trouble I would love to have some of the Halloween images. That is such a sweet and generous offer! I would love to return the favor so if you might share with me some images that you have been admiring but can't get your hands on easily that would be great. I'll be happy to return my postal address via e-mail. Thanks and Take care!

Corie said...

This is so pretty -- love it

Kath said...

A lovely card,Sonya.

Karin said...

It´s a pretty card and the brad is lovely! I like flowers too.

Leigh said...

very pretty Sonya

Classroomfree said...

Gorgeous card, and lovely brads :o)

Kerryn said...

hello sonya! i love ur blog and ur cards. that letter for cearas door is gorgeous! i was just browsin blogs and found u!
hope ur ok x x
kerryn x

emilia in Taiwan said...

Cute brads!! Your card made it more beautiful!

Crafty in Calgary said...

How pretty and those brads are fab!

Oblibby said...

Wow Sonya, beautiful card. I'm really jealous of those brads.

xoxo

Jacqueline said...

It was so cool to get a blog visit from a lady from N. Ireland... thank you so much!
I love pink by the way..

simplyfairies said...

They certainly are to die for, am loving this card, flowers and brads you can't go wrong, well not in my eyes anyhow...lol